Why construction schedule is useful
When getting into construction project, it’s important to draw outline for the project. Unexpected events like finance, construction permission, changes in design can cause construction project to be delayed. There are several reasons where construction schedule can save you from a lot trouble such as
- Usually clients try to push the contractor to work best and fast so it becomes necessary to that given time is enough to complete the project without compromising quality. If such is the case then it is better to not to go for project like that where penalty is certain for late completion.
- When working under close deadlines supervision is an important aspect of construction project, several costs go high as a result, then construction schedule is useful in evaluating extra overheads and costs.
- Construction schedule also strengthens relationship with the client when bidding for project. This shows that you are experienced and know how and when things will go down.
- Schedule is also beneficial that client knows when and how much he has to spent at certain intervals so that he make up his mind before proceeding into project and results in insufficient funds to complete the project.
- Construction schedule is critical when you want to process multiple activities. It helps to manage the timing of tasks as some tasks are dependent on others. This will help you complete the project well before deadline.
- Schedule allows project managers to arrange construction materials before they are required which helps to save time.
- Well drawn schedule can help in the coordination and execution of tasks in proper manner and every team member knows their defined next tasks.
- Construction schedule also helps to monitor suppliers and subcontractors.